In my blogs I like to have a conversational tone since I feel like blogs have a more casual setting than a formal essay. This I believe allows me to express who I am as a writer since there aren’t as many restrictions. Blogs are meant for opinions and expressing emotions. Because of this, I feel like it is easier to write in a blog than in a paper. I don’t have to be a ‘comma Nazi’ or ‘grammar police.’ Reading over my blogs, although they may not contain perfect grammar, I think they are easy read and comprehend. The purpose of the blogs are to get me thinking deeper into a certain topic such as the novel Bird by Bird, articles, personal reflection, etc. So I do believe that the blogs accomplish its purpose by allowing me to put more thought into the assignment. Although my teacher Denise Grollmus is the specific audience for my blogs since they are made for her class, I don’t alter my writing because it is being read by a teacher. All of the blog assignments are reflections and opinions. So if it’s my reflections and my out take on something, why would I alter the way I write? Granted, it is for a college English class, but I still feel as though blogs allow room for truth and honesty.
Considering I had never used Blogger before this class, my blog has a different format than everyone else’s. Originally not knowing how to work Blogger, I played around with the different tabs and applications Blogger had to offer. While submitting each assignment, I by accidentally created a new blog for each prompt. Although this wasn’t the intended format, it allowed me to have more creativity with my blogs by changing the design of each submission. I was able to pick a theme for my blog, which I think gives a personal appeal to my writing. For example, “My Simply Complex Mind” blog I had a pink paint splatter design which had a randomness yet simplicity about it. The “Failed Lunch” is quite obvious why I chose the background I did, seeing that I was writing about food. “My Addicted Son” was about a boy who was addicted to drugs. So I chose a background which looked to me like blurred out lights that you’d see on the street at night through the eyes of someone who was under the influence. “Finding Your Own Voice” I think was a very sentimental piece, so I chose ethereal birds with a pale pink color. It is very peaceful and I think it sets the tone of my blog. “Number 1 Party School” had colorful lights in the background which to me represented the craziness and chaos of a party. My “Investigative Report” is about where the student’s tuition money is going, so I made my background money and added a picture from the protest which I talked about later on in my blog. Since this blog is about own personal design, I chose a background that was visually appealing to me.
I think Carrot Blog is a very organized and visually appealing blog. He has a “Continue Reading” option which allows the user to scroll through his topics and pick out the most interesting one, without having to go through pages and pages. Also, each blog has the eyes of some animation character in its heading, which represents a different writer for that blog. It gives each submission uniqueness and personality. I think it is extremely creative and well put together. Site Inspireuses the use of visual appealing aspect grab the reader in. There is a moving picture application that allows you to see the high lights of what’s new on the blog. Poking around on the website, they have categories listed in the right hand section which opens up a whole realm of other blogs that are organized by styles, types, and themes. All of these aspects of these two blogs are represented in the Norton Field Guide. In NFG, they mention the organizational structure with a sequence, page design and images, as well as links that brings the user to a different source. The Carrot Blog and Site Inspire are two good representations of an electronic text.
No comments:
Post a Comment